Hello HRI Members,
One of the most important factors for staying in long-term recovery is connection – being connected to others in recovery, being connected to a support group, or being connected to the world in knowing what is going on to handle stress or anxiety.
During this time of distancing ourselves from each other, many groups and organizations are providing services online or conference calls to provide support to those in recovery. Below are some resources listed for you to check out.
From Mental Health America of Greater Houston
Mental Health American of Greater Houston encourages you to continue taking care of yourself and your mental health. Below are trauma-informed strategies and other suggestions for your wellbeing, though this is not an exhaustive list.
- Create predictability through routines and rituals
- Come together for collective healing
- Limit exposure to media
- Discuss your emotions with trusted individuals
- Focus on breathing through breathing exercises
- Practice mindfulness
- Visit our website for more information and local resources: mhahouston.org /mhanational.org
- Obtain virtual therapy—some organizations are providing free sessions.
- Find social media accounts and people to follow that support BIPOC and LGBTQ+ mental health (@ indicates Instagram accounts)
– BIPOC Mental Health
– Black Mental Health information
– The Steve Fund /@thestevefund
– DRK Beauty / @thisisdrkbeauty
– Therapy For Latinx / @therapyforlatinx
– Therapy for Black Girls / @therapyforblackgirls
– Therapy for Black Men / @therapyforblkmen
– Decolonizing Therapy: @decolonizingtherapy
– Melanin & Mental Health / @melaninandmentalhealth
– Black Girls Smile / @blackgirlssmile
– AAKOMA Project / @aakaakomaproject
– Healing Black Women / @healingblackwomen
12 and 12 Friends of Bill Wilson
We are a group of men and women dedicated to the beliefs of Alcoholics Anonymous and to the legacy that our founders left us.
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. We have open discussions about recovery and weekly & monthly topics. Welcome to our forum.
1 Day at a Time
10 pm EST / 7 pm PST
7 Days a Week, SMTWTFS
We feature English speaking group members from all around the world.
Come along with us!
We offer audio/video meetings and feature a 15-minute speaker or topic followed by a group discussion 7 days a week. All are welcome. Great for newcomers, long-timers, and everyone in-between.
Join Zoom Meeting
You may also call in:
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 773 878 425
12 Step Online
Online AA meeting place and discussion forum
every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm EST
The room will remain open for general recovery chat 24/7 during non-meeting times.
494 Lunch Bunch Group
Open Discussion meeting – At the 494 Lunch Bunch Group, all are encouraged to join and share. Topics vary daily but always focus on solution-based sobriety and recovery. Our group strives to provide a welcoming, supportive, and friendly environment.
Zoom Audio Meetings @ 12 pm Monday-Saturday
1. To join, call: (415) 762-9988 or (646) 568-7788
2. Enter the meeting ID [714 499 3468] followed by the # key
3. When asked to enter your participant ID – simply press the # key
You can also join by following the URL: https://us04web.zoom.us/J/7144993468
Personal Meeting ID: 714 499 3468
Email Contact: email@example.com
For Veterans seeking recovery support while sheltering in place and in the world of social distancing, see the link below:
Zoom/Conference Call Meetings
|Meeting Name||Meeting Time/Day||Zoom Meeting Address & Meeting ID||Phone Meeting Number|
|Phoenix Group Rising|
From the ashes of COVID-19 to fly online
|7:30 PM Tues & Thurs||https://zoom.us/j/825994704|
Meeting ID: 825994704
|Third Coast||7:30 PM Wednesdays||https://zoom.us/j/3337234519|
Meeting ID: 3337234519
|Women of NA||12:00 PM Saturday||https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2405621683|
|Sunday Starters||9:30 AM Sunday||https://zoom.us/j/284491364|
Meeting ID: 284491364
|UTHealth HEROES Recovery Support||Wed. 3:00 PM|
Thurs. 1:00 PM
Meeting ID: 15#
Meeting ID: 284481598#
|Pause A While AA meeting||1:00 PM every day||425-436-6360
Access code: 422932#
|Daily NA Recovery Meetings||12:00 PM|
Meeting ID: 803331430
Meeting ID: 348726030
|Digital All Recovery Meetings||Daily 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 8 PM||https://Unityrecovery.zoom.us//my/allrecovery|